At toolweb.ca, we respect and protect your privacy. Our site is a safe environment for anyone who visits and purchases. We are also committed to providing you the best possible online service and experience as well as the best products. The purpose of this policy statement is to fully share with you
- A complete description of what we collect
- How we use that information
- Whom we share that information with
- How you can change the information
- How you can tell us not to gather any information about you
We use the latest encryption technology to keep your personal information safe. All your ordering information -- including your name,address, and credit card number -- is encrypted using a secure server for maximum security. Your credit card and billing information cannot be read as it travels to our ordering system. To ensure that your information is even more secure, once we receive your credit card information, we store it on a server that isn't accessible from the Internet.
Credit card transactions are handled by a third-party financial institution, which receives the credit card number and other personal identifying information only to verify the credit card numbers and process transactions. If you feel more comfortable doing so, you are welcome to call in your credit card information and complete your purchase by phone.
In general, under federal law, you will not be liable for more than $50 of fraudulent charges. In the unlikely event that you are subject to fraudulent charges, remember to first notify your credit card provider in accordance with its reporting rules and procedures. If, for whatever reason, you are held responsible for this amount, toolweb.ca will cover the entire liability for you, up to $50, as long as the unauthorized use of your credit card resulted through no fault of your own from purchases made from toolweb.ca while using our secure server.
Confidentiality and Privacy
What information does toolweb.ca collect and how is it used?
A. When you visit the toolweb.ca site, we collect some basic information that does not identify individual users. This includes which pages are visited, types of products purchased, and any feedback from our visitors. We then aggregate this information with hundreds of thousands of other pieces of information to improve our site and make your experience on the site as valuable and efficient as possible.
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
C. When you create an account with us, you provide such personal information as:
- First and last name
- Billing address
- Shipping address(es)
- Email address
- Phone number
- Credit card account number (unless applying for an OPEN Account)
- Items you purchase from us
We collect all or some of this information on the pages where you create your account. We use this information as follows:
- We fulfill your order based on this information.
- We provide you with information about your order (such as, whether your order has been received).
- We ask for your phone number in the event that our customer service representatives need to contact you and cannot reach you by email. We save the information about products you purchased to provide you with the best possible customer service and the most up-to-date information about your order.
- We use your mailing address not only to ship your orders to you but also to tell you about special offers, products, or events available to toolweb.ca customers that we think will interest you. You can request that we communicate with you only in relation to your orders. You can change your preferences at any time by sending an email to us with your request.
- Credit card information is used to bill you for products you have ordered and to track sales.
- No information is sold or released to anyone about visitors to this site or customers of toolweb.ca without prior consent or a court order. In other words, no information is released to anyone unless you give permission first. This includes e-mail registration to mailing lists, E-mail forwarding service, and shopping.
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|Cookie Name||Cookie Description|
|FORM_KEY||Stores randomly generated key used to prevent forged requests.|
|PHPSESSID||Your session ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to view and edit their orders.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history, if you have asked for this.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|MAGE-CACHE-SESSID||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE-SECTION-INVALIDATION||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-TIMEOUT||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|SECTION-DATA-IDS||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|PRIVATE_CONTENT_VERSION||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|X-MAGENTO-VARY||Facilitates caching of content on the server to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-TRANSLATION-FILE-VERSION||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|
|MAGE-TRANSLATION-STORAGE||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|